Go back to normal view
We are a small but thriving Church of England First School with a welcoming team who are determined the children in our care remain at the heart of our school and every decision made.
We wish to appoint an outstanding individual who is committed to ensuring the children within their care achieve and make progress. Highly desirable for this post will be a proven record as an excellent Pre School Assistant with a warm, friendly disposition demonstrating patience and skill.
To be considered for both positions of Pre School Assistant and Wraparound Assistant, you will:
* Have training or experience of working in the Early Years OR a suitable childcare qualification
* Maths/English Grade C or above OR, a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with 3-9 yr olds and their families in a school setting
* Have experience of writing observations and contributing to “Learning Journals”.
* Have a well-developed knowledge of a broad, balanced and relevant EYFS curriculum
* Have a secure understanding of the processes by which children learn, in particular learning through play
* Good familiarity with the SEN Code of Practice
* Have a creative and encouraging approach within the Pre School department
* Strive to engage and inspire during lessons that has been set by the Pre School Manager
* Be dedicated to your role of a Pre School Assistant and supportive of colleagues and pupils alike
* Have a positive and calming nature, yet hold a good sense of humour
* Commitment to high standards
* Commitment to the role of parents as co-educators
* Pediatric First Aid qualification
* Food hygiene certificate
Fladbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced criminal record check DBS, formerly CRB, medical clearance and suitable references.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Applications to be received by email only to the office email address using the Local Authority Non-Teaching Appointment Application Form by Friday 5 July. The proposed interview date is Thursday 11 July.
Salary: Scale 1 SCP 1 – 2, £9per hour - £9.18per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week in Pre School 12-4 and 6 hours per week in Wraparound 4.30-5.30 Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 3.30-5.30 Wednesday
Term of contract: To 31/08/2020 - initially
Required From: September 2019